Contact: Rev. Ineda Adesanya
Minister of Spiritual Life
Meetings Day/time: Varies
The mission of the Spiritual Life Ministry of Allen Temple Baptist Church is to provide the spiritual tools necessary to undergird all other Allen Temple ministries thereby fostering and supporting the spiritual formation, spiritual growth and spiritual enrichment of its congregation and community. The Spiritual Life Ministry recognizes that individuals experience spirituality differently. Therefore, its' goal is to offer a variety of means through which one may develop, strengthen and enhance one’s relationship with God.
Allen Temple Baptist Church ministries are generally divided into six cluster areas: Congregational Life; Community Care; Congregational Care; Worship, Arts, Media and Technology; Christian Education; and Congregational Stewardship. The following diagram is intended to illustrate how the many spiritual tools (SP Tools) offered through Spiritual Life integrally relate to and weave through all of the church's ministries.
Spiritual Small Groups
Greetings Spiritual Lifers!
Summer Small Groups have been cancelled. Please see Rev. Adesanya for other summer contemplative prayer opportunities.
Spiritual Life Enrichment Opportunities
Deepen your Spiritual Life at Allen Temple
Happy first day of Summer! Are you seeking spiritual formation, spiritual growth or spiritual enrichment? Allen Temple Baptist Church is home to a myriad of opportunities to deepen your spiritual life and tend to your spiritual health. Here are some of those opportunities available to both members and friends:
• Sunday Morning Worship (8:00 & 11:15)
• Seasonal Spiritual Life Small Contemplative Prayer Groups
• Individual Spiritual Direction and/or Pastoral Counseling (by appointment)
• Prayer Warriors Weekly Prayer Meetings (Tuesday’s 11:30)
• Wednesday: Eat Raw Fruits, Nuts, Seeds, Vegetables and Prayer Group
• Sunday Altar Intercessory Prayer
• ATBC Prayer and Fasting Group
• Weekly Bible Study (Pastor’s Thursday noon & 7pm, Youth, Young Adult and Teleconference for all)
• Weekly Sunday School (10:15)
• Annual Spirituality and Hermeneutics Forums
• Annual Men’s and Spiritual Life Retreats
• Weekly Body & Spirit Health Wellness Class
• Read Spiritual and Devotional material from the Allen Temple Library
• Anytime use of Prayer Room (FLC #D103) for Sacred Time with Christ
• …and more!
Come on over to the Temple to develop, strengthen, and enhance your relationship with God, the Creator, Son and Holy Spirit! It is when we are spiritually healthy that we can be the most effective disciples for Jesus Christ and agents of peace in this world.
Reverend Ineda P. Adesanya
Minister of Spiritual Life
For more information or for individual spiritual direction/coaching sessions, contact Rev. Ineda Adesanya at (510) 544-8930 or firstname.lastname@example.org
October 1, 2017
Family, always remember that God is gracious and that God’s grace is sufficient for all your concerns. We are saved by grace! We are not to receive God’s grace in vain.
From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another. John 1:17
Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; he rises to show you compassion. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him! Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you saying, “This is the way; walk in it.” Isaiah 30:18, 21
Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need. Hebrews 4:16
Peace and grace to you,
Rev. Ineda P. Adesanya